Nigeria Real Estate Investment – 5 Reasons You Should Invest In Land Instead – Tips for investing in Land in Nigeria – Best Real Estate Investment Opportunity – Best way to make money from Real Estate Investing – Best type of real estate investment in Nigeria.
There are a few profitable investment opportunities in Nigeria but none beat land acquisition and flipping in the sense that land investing is the easiest yet most profitable form of real estate investment. To make it very clear I am talking about buying a land at the right price, holding it for awhile for it to really appreciate in value and then sell off for 10 times the price you bought the land. And it’s actually as easy as it sounds!
Acquiring plots of land as a long term investment plan is the easiest way to get into real estate and property investing and can be very profitable if done right. Your retirement fund isn’t complete without a property portfolio. And if you’re like me that wants to make a lot of money with as less stress as possible then you want to start investing in land; but only buy at the right location and for the right price.
5 Reasons Investing in Landed Properties is the Best Type of Real Estate Investment
- It’s Cheap to Start and Secure: Compared with buying a house for example or even buying a land and then erecting a building, buying a land is much cheaper. Even more so when you target places that are bound to develop in the near future. And then all it takes to secure your land from trespassers aka Omoniles is to buy in a serviced estate (comes with gated fence) from reliable real estate companies with complete genuine documents. And then sit back till you are ready to sell for profit. Acquiring a plot/plots of land for the purpose of reselling is a profitable inexpensive long term investment.
- Don’t need to do ANYTHING to cash out big: It’s the simplicity and stability of owning a land verse owning any other type of real estate that make investing in land so attractive. Owning the right piece of land outweighs the many issues that comes with erecting and maintaining a house for example. All you really have to do is know if the land is suitable to build on if/when someone wants to and that it has the right attractions to make for a good investment.
- Owning a Land is Hands Off Investment: Find a piece of land, close the deal for it and go on with your life. It’s that simple. No continuous time and cash investment to make it appreciate in value. Then 5 or 10 years later sell it off for 5-10 times your cash invested. It doesn’t get better than this.
- No competition: Investing in landed properties is an investment opportunity with low competition. Not many people have the patience it requires. And others prefer the residual income that comes with owning houses, apartments and commercial properties. You can take advantage of this.
- Investing in Landed properties gives you peace of mind: Since land is a tangible asset that doesn’t wear out, doesn’t depreciate and nothing can be broken, stolen or destroyed it gives you peace of mind. Your investment is secured and you never have to worry.
If you go into land investing with the intention of holding the right property for long term then it can be more profitable than any form of retirement plan out there.
Best Place to Buy a Land in Nigeria
Lagos is the largest city in Nigeria and Africa continent as a whole. It has the largest population and businesses and opportunities. It’s a no-brainer that Lagos is the best place to buy a land for long term investment. And where in Lagos to buy a land? Well, the goal is to buy cheap in an area with great attractions and landmarks that gives strong indication price appreciation, a land that will appreciate significantly each year and for now that place is Ibeju Lekki.